Sunday, October 2, 2011

Whoopie Pies!





This is a treat I grew up with, it reminds me of my grandparents. Now, I don't really care for them as much but the kids love them (and why wouldn't they?!). I've really been missing my grandma this past week so I decided to make Whoopie Pies yesterday. The Whoopie Pies decided to break my kitchen mixer... and now I'm sad LOL.

*Cookie*

1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt





Cream together shortening and sugar.

Add egg.

Sift together baking soda, cocoa, salt and flour. Add to first mixture

Add milk and vanilla; mix well.

Drop by spoonfull onto ungreased pan. Bake 8-10 minutes at 425.





*Filling*
(the part that killed my kitchen mixer)

1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
Dash of salt




Add flour to milk until thick. Stir on low heat. Let mixture cool.

Add sugar, shortening, salt, butter and vanilla. Beat for 10 minutes on high speed til fluffy and creamy.

Take the "cookie" parts, use the filling and make into a "sandwich".



ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment